2012 Harley-Davidson® Sportster 1200 Custom
Call for Price
Sportster 1200 Custom
- Fat Front End: Leading the way for the 1200 Custom motorcycle is a fat, in-your-face front end. The thick triple clamp and beefy front tire wrapped around a 16-inch 5-spoke chrome cast wheel will not be denied. Take a look and you'll see the true custom character of a Sportster® motorcycle, but just a little fatter and a little more custom.
- Chrome 5-Spoke Cast Wheels: When it comes to custom, standout wheels are a must. The 1200 Custom motorcycle features brilliant chrome 5-spoke wheels that cast striking reflections wherever you go. Custom style for a custom ride.
- New Rear LED Lighting: Low profile in style, but big and bright when you need it most. The new rear LED beam on the 1200 Custom fits the contours of the rear fender perfectly, and the array of fast-acting red LED lamps grabs everyone's attention both during the day and at night. License plate mounts are slotted nearby to offer a convenient and noticeable spot for your tag.
- Premium Paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand Finished Fuel Tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand—that's what makes them stand out. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with chrome rocker covers, while chrome pushrods highlight the iconic V-Twin. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 1200c Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Artfully Hidden Technology: Harley-Davidson® leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike—the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive Controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Tuned to be Ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability—it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: New Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers. Under the rear rubber, aramid belts are used to stabilize your ride, which helps inspire confidence in handling.
- Pull-Back Handlebar: Sink into the saddle and let your arms fall naturally to the grips. The 1200 Custom motorcycle is equipped with a pull-back handlebar that creates a comfortable, laidback cruising position. Stainless steel for a tough custom look, and about one inch closer to your chest, you're ready to take on the road ahead.
- Forward-Mounted Controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the 1200 Custom motorcycle, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that keeps it as real as you do.
- Two-Up Custom Seat: The 1200 Custom sports a sleek one-piece, two-up classic seat that has all the premium material, stitching and style you expect from Harley-Davidson®, the motorcycle makers who've been putting their own seats in the saddle for over a hundred years. It's a great seat to go solo, and has plenty of room to bring along a friend.
- Seat Engineering and Design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats.
- Length: 87.4 in. (2,220 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.6 in. (676 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28.5 in. (724 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.4 in. (112 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 29.9
- Trail: 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.9 in. (1,521 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 72H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 553 lb. (251 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 582 lb. (264 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.812 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 73.3 cu in (1,200 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 57/38 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Wheels, Optional Style Type: Black Contrast Cut 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum; Steel Laced; Black Steel Laced
- Wheels, Front Type: Chrome, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Chrome, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, single-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 79 ft-lb (107 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 4,000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 26.2
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 28.3
- Fuel Economy Combined City/Hwy: 48 mpg (4.9 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Engine Type
- 73.3 cu in (1,200 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.812 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 72H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 59.9 in. (1,521 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.6 in. (676 mm); Unladen: 28.5 in. (724 mm)
- 29.9 deg.
- 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- 48 mpg (4.9 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 553 lb. (251 kg)
- Final Drive
- Chain, 57/38 ratio
- Big Blue Pearl, Brilliant Silver Pearl
- 2 year unlimited mileage